Thekkady is an ideal tourist spot in Kerala where in the crisp, cool air of the Western Ghats you will experience the most enchanting holiday. Thekkady Boating conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hill and spice scented plantations. In the Periyar forest of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India, and spread across the entire district are picturesque plantations and hill towns that hold great opportunities for treks and mountain walks and the tourist places in Thekkady include Periyar Lake, Kumili, Murikkady , Pandikuzhi , Chellarkovil , Vandiperiyar and Gavi in Kerala which is known as Trekkers paradise .
Boating in Thekkady
A cruise through the waters of Periyar lake around which the wild -life sanctuary is situated is covered in the Boating in Thekkady and offers a soul – stirring pleasant experience and the boat service operated by the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) and the Forest Department is of one-and-half hours duration.
Boating in Thekkady – Timing
The new timing of the boating in Thekkady is as follows:
7.30 A.M. to 9 A.M.
9.30 A.M. to 11 A.M.
11.15 A.M. to 12.45 P.M.
1.45 P.M. to 3.15 P.M.
3.30 P.M. to 5 P.M.
Boating in Thekkady – Cost for Indian & Foreign Adults and Children and Sightseeing Options
Boating Charge : 248.63 per person.
Entry Charge (for Adults )
Indian National : Rs. 265
Foreign National : Rs. 740
Entry is free for children under 5 years and Children from 5 to 12 has to pay fee for Children
If you are lucky you may see animals like bison, Gaur, Wild Elephants, Sambhar and a wide variety of birds. Wildlife sighting is a chance, be patient and silent during boat cruise.
Online booking Facility for Thekkady Boating
Do note that there is an option to do online booking of Thekkady Boat Tickets at http://www.periyarfoundation.online/ as well . Kindly note there is no option to book / check availability over phone as well with anyone in Thekkady and you can book tickets from the counter in Thekkady.
Boating in Thekkady – Instructions for Guests
1) Guest must produce the Unique Identification number along with the original id proof at check post for verification and issue of entrance ticket.
2) Entrance ticket issued from check post is required to avail boat boarding pass and any other Eco-tourism programs.
3) Guest shall report at the Entrance Check post at least one hour prior to boating time and at least half an hour prior to the boating time at the special online counter at Boat landing.
4) It is mandatory to wear life jackets while boating
5) E-Ticket will be sending to given email id if you are booking online ticket
6) Any person while inside Periyar Tiger Reserve, leaving litters; smoking & consuming alcohol in public; illegally entering forests; speeding vehicles; blowing horns; playing music systems; parking vehicles outside the parking zone; feeding, teasing, disturbing wild animals; keeping pet animals; unauthorised trekking and picnicking; keeping firearms, wildlife traps, poisonous or other substances injurious to wildlife; causing fire in Periyar Tiger Reserve, breaching the lawful directions of the park staff on duty will be fined suitably and/or penalised as per the provisions of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 or as deemed fit.
7) CBET programs are subjected to minimum people requirement, Otherwise minimum charge is applicable.
8) Please obey the instructions of Boat staff / Officers on duty
9) Please keep the valid entrance ticket always with you (issued from check post against your Unique Identification number) for verification by forest officials
10) The Ticket may be cancelled without any prior notice if any Administrative contingency occurs
11) Cancellation policy apply for all online bookings
12) Wildlife sighting is a chance, be patient and silent during boat cruise.
Want to book a holiday in Kerala ? Contact us Today for a FREE Holiday Plan