Owing to the extensive coastline, palm-lined beaches, azure backwaters, and a developed network of canals, there are alluring forest resorts in Kerala.
Tree houses are wooden houses built on top of the trees. Tree houses have been constructed using eco-friendly materials without even using a single nail using materials like coir mats, bamboo poles, hay straws, live trees (as pillars), etc.
A Treehouse in Kerala is locally called ‘Erumadam’.
Treehouses in Kerala are built over tall sturdy trees overlooking the forests. Traditionally the treehouses were used by tribal people and hunters to escape from wild animals. Various resorts in Kerala offer comfortable stays in treehouses for tourists visiting Kerala.
Treehouse Resorts in Kerala are constructed using eco-friendly materials such as bamboo, coir products, wood, etc.
The treehouse in most Kerala resorts is a true treehouse – not a stupid log cabin built on stilts. It is all made of boards and bamboo, without driving any nails at all into the tree. It’s all tied together and holds very well too.
Munnar, Thekkady, Wayanad & Athirappilly are the tourist destinations that are famous for Treehouse Resorts in Kerala
Best Treehouse Resorts in Kerala
We have compiled a list of the best forest resorts in Kerala that will provide luxurious, serene, and restful accommodation amidst nature.
1. Nature Zone Resort in Munnar
Distance from Munnar to Nature Zone Resort – 12 Km
Nature Zone Resort is one of the best forest resorts in Kerala that provides an amalgamated environment of nature and wildlife.
NatureZone resort is located at a height of 6000m above MSL on a scenic hillside in Munnar and offers luxury bamboo tree houses with stunning views.
The property is located in Pallivasal about 1.4 km from Tea Museum, 7.9km from Munnar town, and 12km from Eravikulam national park.
- The guests are taken on a short off-road jeep drive along the tea plantations to reach the Treehouse resort.
- The homely rooms in the treehouse are made of bamboo with coir flooring to add a rustic touch.
- The room balcony offers splendid views of the adjacent hills and valleys.
- The rooms are well-furnished with superior bathrooms.
- The resort is designed in an eco-friendly way without posing any harm to nature.
One can have a delightful experience walking around the tea gardens around the resort and seeing the various plantations. While the guests step out for a nature walk around the resort they can smell various wildflowers, spices, and medicinal plants. The guests will have a remarkable experience savoring the Kerala dishes served in the restaurant.
The treetop restaurant and a library are two add-ons to the luxury. Also, the visitors are allowed to cook the dishes they wish in the kitchen.
Tree House is located in a 25-acre Jungle Park where guests are being provided world-class accommodation and dining surrounded by jungle and there are no other resorts or commercial establishments nearby.
The entire property is maintained in an absolutely Eco- friendly way. We don’t have concrete structures, we haven’t even excavated the land for construction, we haven’t hit a single nail for building the Tree Houses, and even the plastering of the walls is being done with clay.
Hence the guests should come in with a commitment to nature. As there is wildlife in the surrounding jungle, all transfers from and to Tree House will only be done between 6 AM to 6 PM.
Guests and the resort are totally protected using Electrical Fencing and Trained Security Staff. If you are staying in the tree house you will be staying in one of the most picturesque spots in entire South India, guests may compulsorily bring in their cameras and binoculars.
For those who are passionate about Birding, we have found more than 30 species of birds inside the jungle resort; this includes the Nilgiri Pippets (one of the endemic species).
At the night, the guests will be invited to join a campfire.
The best time to visit Munnar is during the monsoon season (June-September) when the place is covered with lush green foliage.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Medium
ALSO SEE – Best things to do in Kerala
2. Ela Ecoland Nature Resort in Munnar
Distance from Munnar to Ela Ecoland Nature Resort – 16 Km
- Ela Ecoland Nature Resort in Munnar is an alluring treehouse resort in Kerala set amidst cardamom and coffee plantations.
- Ela Ecoland nature resort is the first treehouse in Munnar and offers boutique treehouse facilities amidst the tranquil forest near Munnar.
- Ela Ecoland is a true slice of nature and offers a lot more than any resort could offer for the guests visiting Munnar.
- The resort is tucked amidst deep woods with a river (Kallar) flowing along with the premises.
- Yes, this is a place where you wake up to the noise of waterfalls and sleep peacefully admiring the quietness of nature.
- This is the perfect spot for guests who wish to live in close quarters with Mother Nature.
The exclusive treehouses here are designed in such a way as to put the visitors at ease the moment they step in. A restaurant named ‘Mannu’ (meaning soil in Malayalam) offers authentic Kerala cuisines.
All the guests are advised to come down to the restaurant to have food.
Tucked atop 5 tall trees, these treehouses have been constructed with utmost care to provide maximum comfort.
The treehouses are set about 30 feet above the ground level and are built of bamboo with wooden flooring.
Each room is about 120 sq. feet in size with attached bathrooms and a balcony.
The balcony area in the houses offers magnificent views of surrounding flora and fauna, waterfalls, and Kallar River.
The resort also offers a variety of activities for the guests such as local treks, off-road jeep safari, tea factory visit, jeep trek to Virippara waterfalls (located near the property), tribal village visits, etc.
Rating: 10 (amazing) Price: Economy
3. Kaivalyam retreat Treehouse in Munnar
Distance from Munnar to Kaivalyam retreat Treehouse – 12 Km
- Kaivalayam Retreat Treehouse in Munnar tops the list of most soothing forest resorts in Kerala situated in a tranquil environment that beckons travelers to come to this place.
- Kaivalyam retreat Treehouse is a unique resort known for its customer friendliness, quality organic food, and additional recreational services.
- The resort is surreal heaven located amidst the woods.
- This resort stresses providing a holistic retreat for the mind and body of the visitors.
- The guests are encouraged to learn holistic lifestyles, yoga, and an organic way of life while staying here.
- There is abundant vegetation surrounding the property which sets the right ambiance for adopting the way of nature.
- The guests are treated here with amazing hospitality by the owner and staff which makes it the ideal location for families as well.
- The rooms are equipped with comfortable bedding, modern showers with hot water, LED TV, telephones, tea kettle, etc.
- The balcony of the rooms offers picturesque views of the adjacent mountains, valleys, and tea plantations.
- The dining area is an informal space where it’s easier for the guests to interact with each other.
- The resort also has a juice/coffee counter and a group kitchen.
The food served in the resort is purely vegetarian and is at par with home-cooked food, with a variety of dishes to match everyone’s taste. The dishes are prepared with fresh local produce from markets.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Medium
4. Jungle Jive Treehouse in Munnar
Distance from Munnar to Jungle Jive Treehouse – 13 Km
The Jungle Jive treehouse is a rustic stay tucked inside 15 acres of thick plantations including coffee, cardamom, pepper, and tea. The property is about 17km away from Munnar town and 99km away from Cochin international airport.
It is the best treehouse resort in Kerala that can give a run to the best tree houses in the world.
- The location of Jungle Jive treehouse is an ideal haven for adventure lovers, groups of friends, honeymoon couples, and for also families seeking a holiday hide-out.
- The treehouse rooms are neatly organized in two stories to provide a comfortable stay for the weary traveler.
- All rooms have a balcony with a seating area where one can relax breathing in the fresh air and admiring the beauty of the jungle.
There is a garden on the premises and the whole property lies beneath a large canopy of tall trees. Fresh home-cooked food is served at the owner’s house which is near the treehouse. The treehouse is a family-run business.
The owner and the family takes a great effort to make the guests feel at home during their stay.
Rating: 8 (amazing) Price: Economy
ALSO SEE – Top 15 Best Places to Visit in Munnar
The property is located about 3km from Chengulam dam, 15km away from Munnar town, and 99km from Cochin international airport.
Due to the presence of large trees in the area, the place is home for various bird species and small animals. If the guests are lucky they can also spot countless fireflies glittering around the surroundings during the night.
5. Bamboodale Resort Treehouse in Munnar
Distance from Bamboodale Resort Treehouse to Munnar- 24 KM
Bamboodale Resort Treehouse offers one of the most scenic views in Munnar.
Bamboo Dale is a unique concept of plantation resort and is the perfect holiday home for you to enjoy an array of natural wonders along with staying in Treehouse which is really nice and romantic experience. You will get complete privacy and It is situated in between the forest so very peaceful.
One of the best ways to relax is to spend time in nature. Even though you are still close to the city, Bamboo Dale is a peaceful place away from all the noise that you are used to.
The Bamboodale Resort Treehouse is near the waterfalls and is a perfect place for people who enjoy spending their days in nature. It has its own private beach and waterfalls, which make it an ideal location for someone who enjoys peace and solitude.
The tranquil, serene environment of the resort is just what you need. What better way to spend time with your loved ones than in the middle of a cardamom plantation?
Rating: 10 (amazing) Price: Medium
Wayanad Tree Houses Resorts
6. Tranquil Resort in Wayanad
Distance from Tranquil Resort to Wayanad – 15 KM
Tranquil is a heavenly resort that is tucked inside the rainforest region in Wayanad amidst a 162-acre plantation consisting of coffee, areca nut, and spices.
Two types of treehouse facilities are offered in this resort namely Serene tree villa and Tranquil treehouse.
The Serene tree villa has modest rooms with a patio and a garden offering TV, coffee maker, wooden floors, etc.
The tree villa is accessible by walkways set up along the woods. The balcony is sure to urge the visitors to sit back and relax watching the surrounding greenery (Note: the villa allows children above 3 years only).
- The Tranquil tree house is perched on a large Gulmohar tree overlooking the coffee plantations.
- The rooms are decorated in an ethnic manner without compromising on luxury.
- The rooms are equipped with amenities such as a mini-fridge, large king-sized bed, modern bathroom, verandah, sit-out, coffee maker, bath accessories, etc. (Note: considering safety factors, kids below 8 years are not allowed in this treehouse).
- The rooms are built in a way allowing the flow of natural light and ventilation inside, at the same time providing insect screens at the openings
The guests will find the amenities here beyond their expectations and the stay experience is definitely value for money. The Wayanad heritage museum is just 5km away from the resort, the famous Edakkal caves at a distance of 7km and the nearest airport is Calicut airport which is 105km away.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Medium
ALSO SEE- Enticing Wayanad Tour Package
There is a well-maintained swimming pool with shallow ends for children.
The guests can also have a relaxing time at the jacuzzi near the pool. Pampering the body and mind equally with a traditional ayurvedic spa by expert therapists is a not-to-miss when visiting God’s own country.
Indulge yourself in such a spa experience in Tranquil resort. There is an on-site restaurant serving authentic dishes cooked with utmost care.
The property also has a shared lounge for the guests. The guests are provided with complimentary breakfast and dinner in an open-air dining area.
7. Vythiri Resort Treehouse in Wayanad
Distance from Vythiri Resort to Wayanad – 15 Km
Vythiri is a small village situated in Wayanad and is the ideal location for travelers with a passion to stay in the lap of nature.
The heavenly location of this resort transports the guests to a higher level of relaxation.
Vythiri treehouse is an exquisite jungle hideaway set up in a lush tropical rainforest. Anyone would forget about the routine chores of daily life as they are immersed in the views of deep forest, pristine waterfalls, the sight of rare birds and butterflies, frolicking water streams, and such natural treasures.
Treehouse in Vythiri Resort, Wayanad is among the most famous resort in Kerala and is preferred by guests who want to stay in solitude. This tree house is located deep into the thick jungle. You are picked up by Jeep and take a few 100 feet up a twisting road. Their, totally secluded from any visible population, and the staff in the resorts will be there to welcome you.
As most of these resorts are located deep in the jungle you will have to opt for breakfast and dinner meal options from the resort and the food is typical Kerala, with both vegetarian and nonvegetarian items. To get to the treehouse, there is a unique elevator working using a sack of water as a counterweight in Vythri. The treehouse in Vythiri is 90 feet high on a huge tree.
Here is a quote about getting into the Tree House in Vythiri Wayanad
“To get to the treehouse, there is a unique elevator working using a sack of water as a counterweight. It takes around 15 minutes for the water to fill up, and then you are escorted to a basket that will be your elevator, quite like in the old Phantom comics! The staff pull you up, and you gingerly step out of the lift on to your floor when you reach the top.”
There are 5 treehouses on the property including one exclusive child friendly treehouse.
- The lush greenery of the surrounding rainforest forms a canopy over the treehouses.
- The treehouses are scientifically constructed with thatch roofs and bamboo walls by the tribal experts who live in the area.
- The water to the treehouse is sourced naturally from the streams and power is tapped using solar panels.
- The guests are advised to carry only light luggage with necessary items up to the treehouse.
The remaining luggage can be stored safely near the reception.
Adventure lovers will have a feast with numerous trekking trails and nature trails through dense forests. One can get a close encounter with the tribal folks living in Wayanad and witness their indigenous way of life.
The treehouses are accessible through sturdy rope walkways along with the trees which is an adventurous experience in itself.
The rooms don’t have televisions ensuring that you stay closer to nature and possibly away from technology. However, the rooms are equipped with kettles, mosquito nets, private pools/Jacuzzi, and charming balconies facing the woods.
The free perks in the resort include parking, breakfast, and dinner buffets served in the restaurant. The resort also houses a cafe, gym, Ayurvedic spa facility, an outdoor pool, a TV room, and a game room.
The resort is situated about 4km from Pookkode lake and 27km from Thusharagiri waterfalls, and 42km from UNESCO world heritage site Edakkal caves.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: High
8. Green magic resort Treehouse in Wayanad
Distance from Green magic resort Treehouse in Wayanad – 28 Km
Who would want to miss this chance to embrace nature standing atop Asia’s tallest jungle treehouse? Well, staying at this place itself is an adventurous expedition!
The Green magic resort is a classic destination for those who love the idea of natural dwellings right in the heart of the tropical rainforest in Kerala. The best features of this resort are its treehouses which are perched atop trees at a height of 86 feet.
An elevator made of cane operated by a counter weight of water (water-lift) is set up for easy access to the treehouse.
Utmost care has been taken to construct the houses by utilizing eco-friendly and recycled materials wherever possible.
There are 3 different treehouses in this resort which are built amidst 30 acres of plantation.
The houses are designed in an ethnic way using bamboo poles and coir mats.
The first treehouse boasts a water lift facility. The second treehouse is a good 5-minute walk from the first at a height of 70 feet and it is accessible through a slanting rope-way.
The third treehouse here is the tallest treehouse ever made at a height of 115 feet above the ground. There are 2 rooms in the tallest treehouse with separate entrances and the access is via 2 hanging bridges.
The treehouses are planted in a location where there is zero pollution, spectacular species of plants and butterflies, rare birds, and ancient trees, Not a stint of urban life is seen on the premises which means that nature is preserved as it is on this holiday home.
The food here is prepared from fresh produce grown in the organic farm without any chemicals.
Some additional features of treehouses are
- telephone shower
- comfortable double beds.
- The guests will feel intoxicated by the scent of wildflowers and spices growing around the surroundings.
The resort offers various activities for the guests such as
- night safari
- archery practicing
- night safari, etc.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Economy
9. Marmalade Springs Wayanad Treehouse
Distance from Green magic resort Treehouse in Wayanad – 9 Km
For a weary traveler, sleep comes easy in this charming jungle treehouse at Marmalade Springs Wayanad Treehouse. If you are looking for pin drop silence, bird songs, and starry nights this is the ideal place. This nature resort is located on a 30-acre coffee plantation half-way through the famous Chembra peak, the highest peak in Wayanad
The resort is situated on a hilltop and guests are ferried to and fro by the resort jeep. The property is 16 km from the Kanthanpara waterfalls, 23km from Heart Lake top the peak and 90km from Calicut airport
- The main focus of this resort is to let the visitors get a visual treat by exploring the serene rainforests, hilltops, and tribal lifestyles without harming the forest and natural resources in Wayanad.
- The treehouse facility in the resort is the perfect choice for those looking for a luxurious nature hide-out.
- The cosy room is constructed with locally sourced teak wood, quality furniture with a separate seating area to enjoy the view. All modern amenities are offered in the room.
The resort is situated very near to the oldest tribal colonies in Wayanad which means the guests will enjoy a close encounter with the tribal culture, dance forms, and food. The guests are offered a complimentary breakfast.
The food is prepared and served with great care matching the preference of the visitors.
Other facilities include an outdoor pool, fishing pond, recreation room, and restaurant. A fun-filled musical campfire dinner under the starry night here is assured to become an unforgettable experience.
The children and elders would equally love to indulge in various activities at the games zone.
Other activities with additional charges include
- jungle safari
- bamboo rafting
- Ayurveda packages upon request
- tribal dance shows
- ATV ride
- barbeque, etc.
- 24/7 hot water is available
- Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost.
Rating: 8 (amazing) Price: Economy
ALSO SEE- Best Time to Visit Wayanad
10. Green Gates Resort Wayanad Bamboo Treehouse
Distance from Green magic resort Treehouse in Wayanad – 11 Km
A beautifully designed bamboo treehouse in Green Gates hotel is an ideal location to spend some quality time with family or as a couple.
The property is located on a hillock in Kalpetta, Wayanad about 86km from Calicut airport.
The hotel has an in-house swimming pool, games area with table tennis, caroms, chess, etc, a gymnasium, ayurvedic spa center, kids play area, a well-manicured lawn and garden.
The property houses an authentic multi cuisine restaurant named Pazhassi Raja offering continental as well as traditional Kerala dishes. Anyone would come back again to savor the tasty cuisines prepared with much warmth. The guests can revel in a romantic ambiance during dinner which is served near the pool.
- The uniquely designed bamboo treehouse here provides an eye-pleasing view of the surrounding rich foliage.
- The house is situated about 20 feet from the ground and is completely made of bamboo.
- The design and construction is performed by expert workers from the tribal sector in Wayanad.
- The living rooms are contemporarily adorned with rustic wooden flooring.
There are two sit outs outside the room, at a height of 20 feet from the ground. The guests will have a stunning view of the garden and distant woods while relaxing on the seating area outside the treehouse.
The bathrooms are equipped with modern amenities including a bathtub.
The guests can engage themselves in several activities during the day such as
- rappelling, etc.
The hotel has a few tour guides who will accompany the guests for outdoor activities.
For wildlife enthusiasts, the hotel is ideally situated at a distance of 35km from Muthanga Wildlife sanctuary. The visitors can also explore the nearby attractions such as Chembra peak, Edakkal caves, Kuruva island, Pookot lake, Soochippara waterfalls, etc.
Rating: 8 (amazing) Price: Economy
11. Hiliya resort Treehousein Wayanad
Distance from Hiliya resort to Wayanad – 8 KM
Hiliya resort is a spectacular heritage bungalow set up on the banks of a river in the Wayanad district.
This is a place where one can experience the best farm-stay in Kerala. The resort is at a distance of 17km from the town Sultan Bathery and 105km away from Calicut airport.
The property is surrounded by acres of farmland where one can closely observe cultivation of various vegetables and spices. The surrounding tropical rainforest offers the guests a ‘cool’ stay all-round the year.
- The treehouse is set up on a mango tree at a height of 40 feet from ground.
- There are a diverse variety of flora and fauna in the region.
- Wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers will have a gala time watching the butterflies, birds and insects living in harmony with nature.
- The stay in Hiliya farm resort promotes the method of organic farming and preserving the natural ecosystem.
- Coffee, cardamom, pepper, areca nut, fruits, rubber, ginger, and vegetables are among the plantations here.
- No chemicals are used in farming here and the staff is appointed from the neighborhood thus promoting community development as well.
- Solar energy is used to heat water, rainwater is harvested in ponds, and organic waste recycling is done.
The organic products from the farm are available in packets for sale. The resort offers self-cooking facilities for the guests in the kitchen.
Outdoor activities include the unique opportunity to participate in farming activities like coffee plucking, rubber tapping, pruning, manuring, weed clearing, etc.
The guests can also have a jungle trek along the woods during daytime. The amazing experience of sitting on the banks of a river just to breathe in the beauty of nature or doing some fishing for fun will be truly overwhelming.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Economy
Thekkady Tree Houses
12. Ranger Wood Nature Castle Machan Treehouse in Thekkady
Distance from Ranger Wood Nature Castle Resort to Thekkady – 1.5 KM
Ranger Wood Nature Castle offers the most picturesque treehouse resorts in Kerala for an indelible experience.
For wildlife enthusiasts and adventure lovers visiting God’s own country, Ranger wood Nature castle tree house is the perfect choice for a stay. The guests here will wake up to eye-soothing views of the dense woods and bird calls. One will enjoy the morning coffee on a balcony facing the Periyar reserve forest.
The two treehouses here are constructed adjacent to each other but with separate entrances. The treehouses are built on two giant trees at about 30 feet in height, with sturdy staircases made of bamboo and wood.
The Rangerwood treehouses are located very close to Periyar Lake and the national park. However, the property is secured with strong net fencing to prevent wild animals from entering the premises.
The rooms are equipped with all modern amenities such as
- LED TV
- coffee maker
- luxury beds, etc.
which presents the guests with a rich, comfortable stay in the wilderness.
The antique wood finish of the interiors makes sure that the guests will enjoy the nature stay experience at its best. The night view from the treehouse balcony will present anyone with tranquil memories to cherish a lifetime.
There is a restaurant at the resort that serves authentic Kerala food, with customized menus for each day. Buffet options are also available for dinner and lunch. The food will be served in the rooms depending on the choice of the guests.
There are many activities to do in Thekkady such as a boat ride in the lake, nature trail walk, jeep safari, elephant ride, tiger trails, etc. Local guides will be assigned for guests who wish to do the respective activity.
The best season to visit Thekkady is from September to March. Post monsoon Thekkady and its surroundings are at their greenest.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Economy
13. Vanya Treehouse in Thekkady
Distance from Vanya Treehouse to Thekkady – 2 KM
Vanya Treehouse in Thekkady is surrounded by a huge canopy of trees and thick green foliage offering an incredible jungle stay in Thekkady.
As soon as one enters the premises, they will be transported to nature’s wonderland. While staying at Vanya, the guests are encouraged to follow the native lifestyles living very close to earth/nature.
The property is located in Kumily, about 107 km from Kottayam railway station and 145km from Cochin international airport.
By the looks of it, one can notice why this is the best treehouse resort in Kerala.
Vanya means “the beauty of the forest” in Malayalam and the experience in Vanya does justice to the name of this treehouse which is built on a single tree on the face of the hill. Vanya’s experience starts with a journey in the Jeep from where you have to trek to reach the treehouse in Thekkady.
The trek is of moderate effort and involves a climb across the face of a hill in the forest with three different pit stops.
The Treehouse is made of ecofriendly wooden materials and the stay in this tree house offers a panoramic view of surrounding Forests, Hills, and Valleys. You can also view some wild animals if you are lucky enough.
- The treehouse is located about 6-7km away from the resort which is accessible in a 4×4 vehicle or by trekking.
- The guests are given a choice to choose from the options. The trek is a steep 30 minute one along cardamom plantations.
- The last 1km is a short and exciting off-road drive up the hill. Before beginning the trek, the guests will be handed a basic survival kit.
- The guests are advised to get their lunch packed before they start the trek.
- After the trek, the guests are provided with welcome drinks in a beautifully decorated shack which is the dining area.
- The treehouse is another 5-minute climb from the shack.
The room in the treehouse is designed in an ethnic way with all the necessary amenities. The furnishing of the rooms is given a rustic wooden touch to capture the real essence of nature. The entire practices in the Vanya treehouse are eco-friendly with a traditional touch.
The food is served in earthen pots and the spoons are made of coconut shells or wood. The guests are encouraged to use Ummikiri (charcoal powder) and twigs of neem or mango trees to brush their teeth.
These are the traditional method of maintaining dental hygiene in Kerala.
Similarly, green gram paste (moong dal paste) and a natural herbal scrubber called ‘Inja’ are provided for bathing purposes.
The visitors are taken towards a nearby viewpoint which is 100m far from the house. A viewpoint is a place where wild animals like deer and bison come to quench their thirst. The food is prepared in traditional Kerala style by a resident butler who lives next to the treehouse.
The unique dishes served here are
- rice porridge
- a side dish made of sprouts
- boiled yams
- snacks made of flattened rice flakes, etc.
The electricity in the treehouse is tapped using solar panels and wind turbines and ensures continuous supply.
There are no TV or internet facilities in the treehouse. For adventurous folks, there are many treks and activities which you can choose from with the Vanya team’s help.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: Medium
ALSO SEE – Tourist Places in Thekkady
14. Carmelia Haven Treehouse in Thekkady
Distance from Vanya Treehouse to Thekkady – 22 KM
Fields of swaying cardamom plantations rush past as you drive through the picture-perfect, tree-lined road to Carmelia haven. This hidden chic resort is 23km from Periyar National Park and 129km from Cochin international airport. The property is situated in a village called Vandanmedu which is one of the areas where cardamom is largely cultivated in the world
As the name says, you enter a perfect nature haven where you will be welcomed with manicured lawns and seating spaces to lounge in.
- The resort houses a handicraft store, leisure area, coffee shop, multi-cuisine restaurant, and banquet area.
- Stone-paved pathways with lush vegetation on both sides will lead you to various types of rooms.
- The guests will be transported in battery vehicles if necessary. The state-of-the-art rooms in the resort bring out the best of the aura.
- The lofty treehouses are carefully constructed with thatched roofs and offer maximum luxury for the guests. This Tree house in Kerala has a TV, kettle, and hot water facility.
- Other amenities include free breakfast, an outdoor pool, tennis, a kids’ park, and an Ayurveda center.
- The spa facility in the resort is a perfect getaway from the humdrum of daily routines.
- The taste of cuisines served here will linger in your mouth even after you end the vacation.
- Every item in the buffet presents a unique taste of the spices cultivated in-house.
- The large swimming pool is situated at the bottom of the valley with loungers shaded by umbrellas.
The highlight services of Carmelia Haven include
- evening high tea
- sunset cruise
- mouth-watering delicacies
- yoga sessions
- cooking demos
- Kalari practice sessions
- dressing sessions, etc.
The guests will have a delightful time visiting the butterfly park and admiring the nearby backwaters.
Activities consist of guided plantation walks, cardamom factory tours, and fishing.
The staff in the resort makes sure that the guests are treated with world-class services and hospitality.
The vacation here is all about blending your senses with nature.
Rating: 8 (amazing) Price: Medium
Athirappilly Tree House
15. Rainforest Resort in Athirappilly
Distance from Rainforest Resort to Kochi Airport – 40 KM
Ever fancied staying in a rainforest so close to a magnificent waterfall? The boutique Rainforest resort is planted amidst 7 acres of land in the Sholayar forest region near the Athirapilly falls (India’s largest waterfalls).
Located at a distance of 40km from Cochin international airport and 33km from Chalakudy railway station.
- The resort offers the mind-blowing luxury of watching the waterfalls right in front of the stay while you soak in the wilderness that lingers around the forest. The guests will be awe-struck the moment they enter the resort premises.
- There will be mountain birds and monkeys living in close quarters during your stay.
- The room in the single unique treehouse here is comfortable and built with careful attention providing all necessary amenities.
- The guests who stay here will not have a mind to leave the infinity pool which is located amidst thick vegetation providing enough privacy and a glimpse of the mighty falls.
During the cozy nights, one could sit back and relax at the poolside chit-chatting with family/friends or simply lie down looking at the stars.
An intermediate pathway from the bottom of the hotel leads the guests to the waterfalls.
There is a demonstration of traditional cooking methods by the tribal village people at night. The guests will enjoy the night listening or singing along local songs while the food is being cooked over the fire in bamboo poles.
The tree house in Athirapally Rainforest boutique resort is nicely designed, comfortable, and clean, with a stunning view of the waterfalls.
The treehouse has been done up with great taste and making the view of the waterfalls the hero of the experience and is an exceptional example of the fusion of nature with modern architecture and this is the only Treehouse in Kerala where you can view scenic waterfalls while sitting in the balcony of the treehouse.
Tree House is Non AC and only Two adults can be accommodated.
The rooms don’t have a TV, but however, there is a recreation room where the guests can enjoy a movie, read or play some games during leisure times. A Wi-Fi facility is available in the resort. Breakfast and dinner are served as a buffet which consists of various traditional Kerala dishes prepared with expertise.
Apart from the beauty of the location, the hospitality and professionalism of the staff here are known to be remarkable.
The guests can avail of the services of a guided jungle trek where they will witness a variety of rare flora and fauna. The guides are local natives who have wide knowledge about the rainforest and its animal inhabitants.
Rating: 8 (amazing) Price: High
16. Dreamcatcher Plantation resort in Munnar
Distance from Munnar to Dreamcatcher Plantation resort – 22 Km
Dreamcatcher Plantation resort in Munnar is a treehouse resort in Kerala that is perfect for a stay within the natural splendor.
Dream catcher is a plantation resort is built over 20 acres of plantation in the Bison Valley road near Munnar.
with a large variety of plantations grown within the resort premises including tea, cardamom, and orange.
Dream catcher Plantation resort has 4 unique tree houses built amidst thick plantations offering a hidden stay experience in the woods. There are beautiful walking trails built around the premises which connect the houses with tea plantations.
All the tree houses in Dream catcher Plantation resort are perched atop huge trees at an approximate height of 20 meters above the ground. The tree houses are carefully designed with all modern amenities. The charmingly decorated rooms offer TV, free Wi-Fi, an intercom, a writing desk, chair, hot water facility, and toiletries. The rooms are equipped with private bathrooms and balconies overlooking the mountains. The place is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a peaceful vacation away from the hustle and bustle.
Access to the tree house is facilitated by a staircase.
The guests will be advised to leave their heavy luggage in the hotel reception. The guests can also find some relaxing time indulging in an Ayurvedic spa treatment by expert therapists at the resort.
When you stay at the tree house you can also enjoy the activities in the resort including nature tours, spice plantation visits, bird watching, adventure and sightseeing tours, campfires, barbecues, etc.
Munnar, with its surrounding thick rain forests, is an ideal place for trekking and adventure enthusiasts.
The tea plantations, mountains, valleys, and misty paths, and gurgling waterfalls that adorn the curvy roads are truly mesmerizing for the visitors.
Tree House in Kerala and the resorts with treehouses in Kerala are among the unique and most exciting experiences one can enjoy while booking a Kerala Treehouse Package. You can live in the lap of nature, surrounded by hills, valleys, jungles, and wildlife as well as waterfalls in one case.
The price of a Treehouse stay in Kerala will vary from 4000 INR to 18000 INR per night.
Rating: 9 (amazing) Price: High
When you opt for a holiday in a Treehouse you will be staying in one of the most picturesque spots in the entire world and should compulsorily take your cameras and binoculars.
You can also check out our Dream Kerala Package specially designed for Honeymoon couples and families.
Relax in the lap of nature as you gear up for a tranquil vacation far from the hustle and bustle of the city at treehouse resorts in Kerala.
Do let us know if we have missed out on any treehouse in Kerala from your bucket list?